Engagement season is fast approaching and soon ladies will exhibit big smiles and even bigger diamonds on their fingers. Wedding Collection shares a few tips on buying the perfect diamond engagement ring.
Engagement season usually starts from September until December – this is traditionally the time when many men decide to pop the question and propose marriage. The pivotal moment in any proposal is the presentation of the engagement ring so you might want to consider a few things that could help ensure you get the right answer.
These are some engagement ring buying tips:
- Determine your partner’s taste in jewellery. Would she prefer a more classic or contemporary design? If unsure, you cannot go wrong with a classic and elegant solitaire (single stone) diamond engagement ring.
- Purchase a diamond that has the best balance of cut, colour, clarity and carat weight. Don’t choose a bigger diamond which may have obvious flaws.
- Insist on an international diamond certificate with your purchase, which states the quality of the cut.
- If your budget permits, it is advisable to buy a diamond set in platinum as this is the only metal that does not tarnish or wear itself thin over time.
- Try to find out her ring size. The last thing you need is for the ring not to fit when she says yes and you try to slide it onto her finger!
- The amount that you should spend on an engagement ring is a completely personal decision and should not put you in financial trouble.