Shepstone Gardens – South Africa’s most alluring venue, situated in Hope Road, the heart of Mountain View, is a part of a unique time in the heritage of Johannesburg.
The main house is one of the original Witwatersrand Ridge houses, commissioned by the Modderfontein Dynamite Company after the Anglo Boer War, at the turn of the 20th Century. The original house was built from the local quartz (estimated at 350 million years old) by Afrikaans prisoners captured during the Anglo Boer War. Also informally known as the Secret Garden, is a proud reminder of Johannesburg’s historical past as well as a testament to the aesthetic sensibilities of the artisan gardeners and stone craftsmen who have dedicated their skills to the construction of this landmark.
Shepstone Gardens makes dreams come true because they eat, sleep and breathe weddings. They are constantly bettering themselves and they pride themselves in working tirelessly to make a couple’s dream wedding a reality. Surrounded by the beauty of the mountains and breathtaking gardens, any couple who has their wedding there will be wowed as well as their guests from start to finish.
Worthy of being chosen as one of the top 5 venues because it is unique and beautiful every Bride and Groom will feel like part of a family instead of just one of many.
The venue offers the following:
- Immaculate gardens and lawns for photographs and outdoor ceremonies
- A beautiful stonework Chapel for indoor ceremonies with a huge stained glass window
- A magnificent sandstone and Glass Marquee for ceremonies or receptions
- An indoor venue for dancing and for receptions
- The most beautiful Ladies Boudoir
- Men’s toilets
- A Rapunzel Suite for the ladies to get ready in
- A Man Cave for the men to get ready in
- A Guesthouse with 3 Rooms – The Secret Garden Suite, The Baragwanath Suite and The Lucy Suite – All with their own en-suite bathrooms
- A magnificent stone and Glass Sky Lounge for small events and immaculate photographs
- A 3-phase generator that runs when the power goes out
Shepstone Gardens offers full exclusivity of the venues to each couple on the day they book their wedding. This means that on the day of their wedding, the couple does not have to worry about anyone else getting married or doing anything on the property on the same day. They go the extra mile to ensure that each couple has the wedding day they have been dreaming about for years and a wedding day that they and their guests will be talking about for years afterwards.
For your convenience you can create your own wedding package and select your wedding date on the website www.sheptstonegardens.co.za as well as take a virtual tour of the stunning venue. Everything you need to make your dreams come true can be found at Shepstone Gardens.