Every girl has imagined walking down the aisle, all the guests standing to greet you and your husband to be is standing at the end of the aisle, with baited breath waiting to make you his wife. It is for this very reason that the aisle and altar decorations make a spectacular statement for this emotional moment in your life.
Rose petals strewn down the aisle or on the sides of the aisle is still a very popular option. Use multi-coloured petals for a stunning effect. Some other ideas are to use fabric or carpet runners, we have even seen personalised runners with something significant or personal printed on the runners. A popular option for rustic weddings is a burlap runner. In autumn use the beautiful natural leaves that have fallen off the trees, instead of petals, they look so adorable and charming. Inside ceremonies, add candles in jars, the more the merrier!!
The choice of chair and aisle decorations is up to your wedding style, the options are endless, and here are some ideas:
- Pretty floral embellishments for chairs with eucalyptus and any elegant flower will be a show stopper.
- Transform even a standard folding chair into a beautiful part of your wedding by tying long sashes that match your colour scheme.
- An extremely affordable idea is to simply tie long strands of coloured ribbons around the top of your chairs.
- Another great idea is to use coloured chair pads to match your colour scheme, no flowers necessary.
- Particularly for outdoor weddings with large open spaces, hanging a long garland just along the last row of chairs, means you don’t have to decorate each seat down the aisle.
- A sheer fabric overlay with a ruffled train gives off a romantic vibe.
- For a real glamorous look, adorn your chairs with gold sequined covers.
- Punch up the colour with pretty pink rosettes on plain white chairs.
- Tulle and wildflowers creates a romantic and rustic look for an indoor ceremony.
- Mason jars filled with flowers and rose petals lining the aisle are perfect for an outdoor wedding.
- Votive candles that are lit and natural branches down the aisle is a unique idea.
- Buckets hanging on ribbons hanging from your chairs are also pretty containers for your aisle flowers.
- Candles in modern lanterns add a classy and elegant look to your aisle.
- For a great DIY idea, make paper hearts glued to wooden sticks to line your aisle.